MedSense Clear is a comprehensive electronic hand hygiene compliance solution focused on accurately measuring the WHO's Five Moments of Hand Hygiene, specifically Moments 1 and 4, before and after patient touch. Clinically-tested and peer-reviewed MedSense alleviates the burden of visual observation with a fully-automated solution that improves hand hygiene compliance and reduces the spread of HAIs.
IT STARTS WITH THE BADGE
Worn like a standard identity card, the Badge quietly gathers compliance data while you deliver care around your facility. Unobtrusive and compact, it automatically captures individual hand hygiene actions even if multiple staff are in the room.
FLEXIBLE MOMENT DETECTION WITH PATIENT ZONES
When you enter or exit a wireless Patient Zone designated by the Beacon, the system detects and records an opportunity for hand hygiene. Whether you are delivering care in a multi-bed room or a private one, Patient Zones can be calibrated with the Five Moments to suit a variety of infection control policies.
REAL-TIME REMINDERS AND RECORDING HAND HYGIENE ACTIONS
If you are in danger of missing an opportunity for hand hygiene, the Badge alerts you with a gentle reminder. As you dispense soap or alcohol to wash your hands, the Dispenser Monitor signals to the Badge that a hand hygiene action has taken place.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION
When you are within 10 meters of a Base, the Badge automatically uploads any compliance data stored on your Badge. This data is then uploaded to MedSense HQ, our state-of-the-art web-based reporting tool. The Base also functions as a battery charger for your Badge.
If at any point during your shift you would like to take a closer look at your hand hygiene performance, simply log into MedSense HQ with a standard internet browser and you will be able to view your compliance data in a user-friendly dashboard format. From here you can also set compliance goals and generate reports. Whether you are using your computer, tablet, or smartphone - MedSense HQ offers you a wide array of tools and metrics to promote and sustain better hand hygiene.
- Peer-reviewed and bed-level accuracy
- Easy and straightforward installation
- Simple, uninterrupted compliance monitoring
- International award-winning design
- Risk network analysis to identify infection hotspots and performance bottlenecks
- Customizable in-unit dashboards to display compliance data
- Individual, unit, and facility-wide compliance monitoring
- Non-disruptive to patient care workflows and processes
- Real-time reminders to practice hand hygiene when appropriate
- Adaptable to any type soap of alcohol dispenser
- Complete access to individual compliance data
- No interference with Wi-Fi resources